Barista Trainer Vacancy10/11/2023
We are seeking an experienced barista who is passionate about ethical supply chains and sustainability.
About the project:
SAFE’s Conscious Coffee programme provides funded training workshops for unemployed people living in Cardiff. Through our engaging sessions, participants learn about the global impact of the coffee industry and our impact as consumers. Practical skills sessions are delivered on our set of La Marzocco Minis which travel around Cardiff with us, equipping people with the skills they need to secure a job in the hospitality industry.
Closing Date for Application: 30th November 2023
Apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter by e-mail to email@example.com
About the role: 15 hours a week – 22k pro rata
As a Barista Trainer at The SAFE Foundation Conscious Coffee Project, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the next generation of baristas, equipping them with not only exceptional practical skills but also a deep understanding of ethical considerations in the industry. This role involves a combination of hands-on training, theoretical knowledge dissemination, and thought-provoking discussions on sustainability, fair trade, and responsible business practices.
- Conduct hands-on training sessions to develop participants’ barista skills, including espresso preparation, milk steaming, latte art, and equipment maintenance.
- Customise training programmes to cater to various skill levels, ensuring participants gain proficiency in the art and science of coffee making.
- Provide guidance on delivering exceptional customer service, creating a welcoming atmosphere, and building positive relationships with customers.
- Emphasise the importance of teamwork, communication, and problem-solving in a hospitality setting.
- Facilitate group discussions on the ethical challenges faced in the coffee and hospitality industry, such as fair trade practices, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility.
- Encourage critical thinking and dialogue among participants to raise awareness and promote ethical decision-making.
- Collaborate with the SAFE team to create engaging and relevant training materials, incorporating the latest industry trends and ethical considerations.
- Continuously update training modules to reflect advancements in coffee culture and ethical standards.
Evaluation and Feedback:
- Assess participants’ progress through practical evaluations, written assessments, and observation during training sessions.
- Provide constructive feedback and individualised coaching to support continuous improvement.
Mobile Coffee Experience and Fundraising:
- Take the Conscious Coffee initiative on tour to various markets, festivals, and events across the UK, showcasing the skills and knowledge acquired by participants in our training programmes.
- Coordinate logistics for mobile setups, ensuring a seamless and engaging experience for visitors.
- Empower and support volunteers from The SAFE Foundation to apply their barista skills in real-world settings, providing mentorship and guidance during events.
- Collaborate with the fundraising team to develop strategies for generating revenue through the mobile coffee experience, contributing to vital funds for The SAFE Foundation’s international projects.
- Use these events as opportunities to further engage the public in discussions about ethical coffee practices, sustainability, and the impact of their choices on global communities.
- Experience in managing mobile coffee setups for events and festivals.
- Ability to coordinate and support volunteers in a dynamic, public-facing environment.
- Strong organisational skills to ensure the success of mobile coffee experiences and fundraising initiatives.
Note: The Mobile Coffee Experience and Fundraising responsibility is an integral part of the Barista Trainer role, aiming to bring the Conscious Coffee Project directly to the public, raising awareness, funds, and showcasing the positive impact of ethical coffee practices on a global scale.
- Proven experience as a barista with expertise in espresso preparation, latte art, and coffee equipment.
- Strong understanding of ethical issues in the coffee and hospitality industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in training or teaching is an advantage.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and commitment to ethical practices in the coffee industry. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 30th November 2023
The SAFE Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.